Fr. Daniels Weekly Letter to his Parishioners

 


Dear Parishioners,

One of my goals here in the parish is to make the Basilica a

wonderful place of devotion and prayer. It is already an amazing

building but it is more valuable as a place to pray to God! In the

basement, the Pieta was in the hall by the back exit door. We had a very

generous person pay to move it upstairs and I would like to put some

kneelers around it for private prayer. I think the suffering of the

Blessed Mother is important for the spirituality of many mothers

(and fathers) today given everything that is going on. Please consider

taking some time in prayer to Jesus through the suffering mother.

This was originally at the St. Patrick’s Chapel and so we thank all our

parishioners from the former St. Patrick’s Church for this beautiful devotion.

I hope to talk more about it in the future. I hope that more of you have

downloaded the Parish App. I would like to add to it on a regular basis

so that it becomes a complete resource for you right in your hand.

I got the suggestion that I expand the Mass part to include the prayers

from Mass so that people could use the app to pray especially now that

we cannot have any missalettes at Mass. Also, I need to work on it so

that you can submit your prayer intentions for the parish as well as

review the requests so that it is very easy for us to pray for each other.

Stay tuned for more to come and feel free to give me any suggestions. If I

can make it happen, I will! Finally, we are seriously talking about having

parking lot Masses (WITH COMMUNION) in September. My heart goes

out to the people who have not received Holy Communion since last

February. This will not change the Mass schedule here because we can fit

it in given the current schedule. Therefore, all those who are going to church

can continue and with opening up the hall for an additional 50, everyone

who wants to go to church seems to have a space. However, we have to tend

to the souls who cannot yet get to Mass but would be willing to remain in

their cars. Peter Geiger has offered his parking lot again so now we are working  

hard to see if we can make it happen. Stay tuned! Take care my friends,

stay safe and pray that in God’s time this will all be over.

                                                     

                                                                                             ~ Fr. Daniel


Popular posts from this blog

Fr. Daniel's Letter to his Parishioners

Prince of Peace has a new Coordinator of Youth / College Ministry